Permanent exhibition in the premises of the medieval castle palace is dedicated to the key role members of the royal family played in the history of Moravia and Castle Veveří itself during the era the High Gothic.
In 1334, after almost 30 years of reign of the pledged lords, the primary Moravian seat of princes, margraves, and kings from the Premyslid dynasty - the Castle Veveří, returned to the property of another royal dynasty ruling in the medieval lands of the Czech Crown—the Luxembourgers.
While the Moravian Margrave Charles, the future emperor of the Holy Roman Empire and the Czech King, rarely resided in the castle, his younger brother Margrave John Henry made Veveří into the primary Moravian royal residence. The castle then also served as an important provincial fortress, treasury, and a place of important diplomatic negotiations.
Veveří maintained its role as the most important sovereign castle, even during the turbulent times of the domestic wars and the subsequent reign of Emperor Sigismund and his brother-in-law, Moravian Margrave Albrecht of Habsburg.
All descriptions of the exhibits are also in English